"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump

Saturday 30 August 2014

The Glare Of Patriarchy

Saturday, August 30, 2014 Posted by Unknown , No comments

I walk all alone, looking down with an expressionless face, towards my school, while suspicious stare of my creator follows me…

Suffocating in this world since 12 years, I always knew something was off about me, I was born a girl…


As I walk towards my school, a drunkard stares at my body from top to bottom while another, a family man, my father's age, deflower me with his stares,

And as I reach close to my school, a bunch of others bump into me, touch me in private areas while those who couldn't get a chance today regretted…

I reach school, still all alone in the crowd of many dressed just like me, and men, my grandfather's age, follow me with their stares until I disappear inside classrooms…

My teacher, who I admire the most, stares at my face & boobs, with lustful eyes, constantly, without any hesitation or guilt, hoping to catch a glimpse of my skin…

At the recess, boys my age pass lewd comments about me, try to pull down my skirt hoping to catch a glimpse in between my thighs…

I walk back home, still all alone, while the stare of many, again, my father's age, follow me until I reach home…

As soon as I enter, my mother asks me, "how was your day honey?"

With disgust & tears in the eyes, with a fist formed to control the anger within, and a little part of heart, which dies inside everyday, I answer, "It was a good mother, how was yours?"

By Rishikesh Pande


0 comments:

Post a Comment