"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump

Saturday 30 August 2014

A Farmer's Sin

Saturday, August 30, 2014 Posted by Unknown No comments

*Note: Dedicated to all the farmers from India who lost their battle with life.*


Under the eyes of gods in the heaven,
Under the merciless clouds which mock me,
I, a farmer with no education & debt I can't afford to pay back,
Stand here, pleading, begging, the government…


While the government, of the people, by the people and for the people, and supposedly elected by me, do nothing for me, I stand here, with tearful & hopeless eyes, look up one last time, to find hope in disguise of the rain drops…


While my wife & children, with no education whatsoever, rob with me all day, every day,
Sleep with empty stomach, every night, I wonder
What is it that I have sinned?
What did I do to deserve this?


While the government enjoys their 'honeymoon' period, I stand here, having lost all hope, to educate my children, to give them a better life, a better tomorrow…


I stand here today, under the very tree my forefathers planted, on the land which is no longer mine, with a bleeding heart & chest filled with pride, to take my own life & end the misery, the very government I elected, subjected to me...

God bless you, my dear Government!

Update: And the moment the farmer lost his battle to life, it rained cats & dogs!

By Rishikesh Pande


0 comments:

Post a Comment